Does this make any sense?

myview

Apr 20, 2009, 4:21:29 AM4/20/09
to mpolitics
Whitehall residents are addressing concerns about senior housing and
assisted living near an elementary. I could think of much worse
things to fight against, but I even can't imagine the why this would
be an issue. What is this old folk fear? They need senior housing,
but again the residents fear for their children. To me this make no
sense!

Seniors are the ones that do the most volunteering for kid programs,
support program out of their pocket, taxes, and more. Schools use them
to assist with one on one for reading. Hospital use them to rock
crack babies to sleep. They make quilts and knit caps for the babies
and so much more.

Whitehall residents have been fighting against for months now. I
don't see the logic.

Sorry this is my rant. Old folks deserve better.

Particles

Apr 20, 2009, 6:52:37 AM4/20/09
to mpolitics
There may be some idiot residents complaining about proximity to the
school, but the article is more about fitting the PUD with-in the
zoning restrictions. But I guess that's MY view.

GordoMuskegon

Apr 20, 2009, 9:39:12 PM4/20/09
to mpolitics
But "myview" asked a good question.

Anyone got an answer?

It does sound kinda weird to old GordoM.
> > Sorry this is my rant.  Old folks deserve better.- Hide quoted text -

mdancer

Apr 20, 2009, 11:34:50 PM4/20/09
to mpolitics
I'm a White Laker and I dunno......after reading this article:
http://www.whitelakebeacon.com/news.php?story_id=18600
only thing I can think of is NIMBYs fearing their property value will
go down? Troy Stanhope also recently got shut down after trying to
build a "multiple family unit complex" of some sort in approximately
the same area.

There are already two Shawl Apartment Complexes in the area, one in
Whitehall, one in Montague, perhaps "they" are concerned with
"oversaturation"? Methinks nearby property owners just don't want
neighbors!!

Unrelated weird thing is that Warner Street is nowhere near the
Elementary Schools. It is *kinda* close to the Junior High.