odefun x < x0

Toan T Nguyen

Apr 16, 2020, 1:26:46 PM4/16/20
to mpmath
Dear all,

I need to solve 1st order ODEs from x0 to  x<x0. I read the document of latest official mpmath 1.1.0
that the backward step is not supported in odefun module.

Is this still the case for the development version in GitHub?

Best regards,

Toan

Kris Kuhlman

Apr 16, 2020, 4:03:39 PM4/16/20
to mpm...@googlegroups.com
Can you perform a change of variables (x -> -x) on your problem to solve it using forward integration?

Message has been deleted

Toan T Nguyen

Apr 16, 2020, 8:54:30 PM4/16/20
to mpmath

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 3:03:39 AM UTC+7, Kris Kuhlman wrote:
Can you perform a change of variables (x -> -x) on your problem to solve it using forward integration?

Thanks. That's what I'm doing now.

It's inside a large external code written for backward integration using GSL. I'm moving to mpmath to increase the significant digits,
so I have to scanning through the whole code to make this change. It's a bit scary.

Best regards
Toan