Missing values introduced in mplusModeler()

Jennifer Dang Guay

Apr 9, 2024, 11:01:52 AMApr 9
to MplusAutomation
Hi,

I'm trying to estimate a multigroup alignment model with different oblique rotations using mplusObject() and mplusModeler(). However, when running the model on simulated data, I get an error that the data has 1 missing value for each group even though the data has been generated with no missing values.

This is the following code I used to estimate the model:

alignment.mdl <- mplusObject(

  TITLE =     "Run multigroup alignment;",
  VARIABLE =  "USEVARIABLES = group x1-x10; GROUPING =  group(2);",
  MODEL= "F1-F2 BY x1-x10(*1);",
  ANALYSIS =  "ROTATION = oblimin; alignment = fixed;",
  OUTPUT = "align;",
  rdata = data.frame(simout$data)
)
alignment.fit <- mplusModeler(alignment.mdl, modelout = "alignment.inp", run=T)

The following message is printed in the console:

No PROPORTION OF DATA PRESENT sections found within COVARIANCE COVERAGE OF DATA output.
Warning message:
In readModels(target = outfile, quiet = quiet) : NAs introduced by coercion

and the Mplus output indicates that there is 1 missing value for each group.

How can I solve this issue so that no warning message gets printed in the console?

Many thanks,

Jennifer