Problem extracting model results

Mar

May 27, 2021, 1:52:42 PM5/27/21
to MplusAutomation
 Hello, I'm encountering the same error running the second example ( Example 2: Longitudinal Study of American Youth, Science Attitudes ) here as practice: https://garberadamc.github.io/project-site/Lab8-Intro-mixture

One of the outputs (1-class) is properly extracted (out file attached), but the rest (outfile for an example attached) are not and every single one gives the error:

Error extracting MODEL RESULTS in output file: C:/mplus/c6_lca_lsay_lab8.out
<simpleError in startLine:endLine: NA/NaN argument>
Warning messages:
1: In max(hlines) : no non-missing arguments to max; returning -Inf

I checked and all the output files seem to be okay. And installing the Github version doesn't seem to address the error.

Any ideas?

Adam Garber

May 31, 2021, 2:39:41 PM5/31/21
to MplusAutomation
Hello,

I am running into the same issue & cannot figure out how to resolve. Code referenced above will not read the model parameters correctly & returns following error message:

<simpleError in startLine:endLine: NA/NaN argument>

Many thanks, Adam

Dina Arch

May 31, 2021, 10:45:10 PM5/31/21
to MplusAutomation
Hello,

I am also running into this error. I posted a new issue a few days ago on Github, as well. https://github.com/michaelhallquist/MplusAutomation/issues/144

michael.hallquist

Jun 1, 2021, 8:39:31 AM6/1/21
to MplusAutomation
Hi all,

This issue appears to have emerged from Mplus 8.6 adding new section headers to the output for some mixture models. This inevitably generates challenges for the R package that I can only fix reactively (i.e., once people have problems). So, thanks for orienting me to these new sections. I've added code in the github version of the package to handle the new sections and have confirmed that the outputs mentioned above (from the LCA tutorial) parse correctly. You can get the fix with devtools::install_github("michaelhallquist/MplusAutomation")

Best,
Michael