removing one simulation from the large mplus object (extraction process)

Elizabeth A. Sanders

Nov 20, 2022, 9:57:08 PM11/20/22
to MplusAutomation
Hi,
Does anyone know how to remove one of the outputs from the large Mplus object created during the readModels() process? Because the large Mplus object is a multidimensional list, I have not figured out a way to remove one of the outputs. I have tried working on this on repeated occasions using various subset commands in R, without success. Can someone advise?
Thanks so much in advance!

Elizabeth A. Sanders

Nov 21, 2022, 9:21:51 AM11/21/22
to MplusAutomation
Thank you so much to the person who posted a reply (for some reason, I cannot find the reply after reading the email and wish I could give credit where it's due!). For everyone: here's the general code to remove an output file from the set:

name_of_mplus_list_object[["name_of_output_file.out"]] <- NULL

Why do this? I have found that trying to extract and format results from the large Mplus object list created from readModels() can be tricky if there are 'duds' in your simulations (i.e., models that did not converge and are therefore missing aspects of the output).

Many thanks again!

Best,
Liz