filefilter not working with runModels() (MplusAutomation)

Elizabeth A. Sanders

Feb 1, 2021, 7:43:10 PM2/1/21
to MplusAutomation
Hi there,

I'm trying to use runModels() with a filefilter, as described in the MplusAutomation Vignette on pp. 6-7. I've tried several different options but the filefilter doesn't appear to work. Can you help?

Basically, I have two sets of 875 input files in the same directory, and would like the models to only be run for one of the sets. I have verified several times that the path is correct and the files are where they should be.

This syntax works for a single specific input file:
runModels("C:/ICCproj/Inputs3/Lev1_J30_m50_ICCX0.40_ICCY0.40_Rsq0.50_rXX0.8_rep_5.inp")

But does not work for the inputs with a filter for the first four characters of the file (Lev1), like this:
runModels("C:/ICCproj/Inputs3", recursive=TRUE,filefilter="Lev1.*")

I've tried numerous ideas and would truly appreciate any insights folks have. I've spun my wheels for half the day on this issue! Or maybe runModels simply cannot do a filefilter??

michael.hallquist

Feb 4, 2021, 9:25:59 AM2/4/21
to MplusAutomation
Thanks for pointing this out, Lizz, and apologies for the hassle. It looks like a tiny mis-type on my part when I refactored runModels last year. Thanks to Oliver Buss for pointing this out on Github. This is now fixed on the development version of the package, which you can install from here: https://github.com/michaelhallquist/MplusAutomation.

Best,
Michael