LCGA

Emma

Aug 14, 2020, 12:48:27 PM8/14/20
to MplusAutomation
Hi everyone
I'm very new to MPlus. I'm currently writing my Masterthesis for which I'm supposed to use Mplus. And I have to admit, I'm a bit lost here. My Supervisor has only used MPlus together with SPSS. But I don't want to take the detour of exporting everything over.
I got everything installed and mangend to get my R Data File exported into an Mplus inp. file (yeah). But now the row names are just numbered starting with 1 - I do have an ID-variable to identify my cases and I would like to keep this numbering system? I don't want it to get messed up when I'm importing my results back into R....
Which would be my second question: I have to run a LCGA (trying to figure this out right now). Later on I will need the results and class membership back in my R dataframe as I will do some more calculations (regression analysis) with R. How do I get those results back into my original R dataframe? Best would be if there are new variables in my dataframe showing to which class each ID belongs...? Also I cannot read the datafile which I used for the import to Mplus in R anymore - it now always says it's "corrupted"?

I hope it's understandable what my problems are... As I said, I'm feeling a bit lost and my supervisor is always super confident with me, telling me I can figure it out by myself... which I'm trying very hard but deadlines are getting closer. As we never had anything about Mplus or LCGA in my studies, you can imagine how confusing all of this is.

Thanks a Lot! (maybe my problems are not really problems and super simple to solve for you all...)