Mplus not available (Mac)

Anja Morstatt

Oct 21, 2021, 4:02:59 AM10/21/21
to MplusAutomation
Hi all,
I am having a hard time getting Mplus and R to connect on my Mac (11.6).
I'm running RStudio Version 4.1.1, MplusAutomation 1.0.0 and I have already installed XQuartz and I'm not getting any kind of error message when loading the tcltk package...
Any more ideas what could cause this problem?
Many thanks :)
Anja

michael.hallquist

Oct 26, 2021, 9:21:51 AM10/26/21
to MplusAutomation
Hi there, Anja,

Do you have Mplus installed on the machine? For example, on my Mac, it's installed here: /Applications/Mplus. You won't be able to use MplusAutomation without this. If you have it installed in a non-standard location, you'll need pass the path to Mplus using the Mplus_command argument of readModels.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Anja Morstatt

Oct 27, 2021, 10:02:56 AM10/27/21
to MplusAutomation
Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply!
Yes, Mplus is directly installed on the machine. For whatever reason, mplusAvailable() still tells me that its not, but it works now - I am able to run models through R.
I had some issues with the line breaks in my original input files, but after creating them directly with createModels and a template file, it worked fine now.
On my first try, I copied a displayed terminal command to my terminal directly and had to grant the terminal access rights to my files - maybe that is interesting for someone else as well.
In short: It works now, but I don't know why.

Cheers
Anja