Recent immigrant/refugee web designer from Ukraine looking for work

Peter VanKoughnett

Sep 22, 2022, 3:43:33 PM9/22/22
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Hi,

A friend referred a man named Pavel to me who recently emigrated to the US from Ukraine.  He sent me an impressive CV and portfolio as a web designer.  He also does some development in Webflow and similar platforms.  He does not have a license to work in the country yet, but expects to be able to get one within the next few weeks.

I didn't have any good leads for him.  He is either looking for contract work or, once his license comes through, long-term employment.  Does anyone have any leads for work or ideas about where he should look for work once he gets his license?  I'm not as well versed in the landscape for designers as I am with the landscape for developers.

- Peter

c...@cypresscreative.com

Sep 23, 2022, 9:23:45 AM9/23/22
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group

Hi Peter

I'd be happy to talk to him if you can refer him to me.  He can use Upwork or Fiverr for work if he hasn't already.  I also know a lot of people in the local Ukrainian community including a graphic designer for 3M so I'd be happy to pass his info along to see what we can do for him.

Christian