Countdown Timers

Eric Celeste

Aug 25, 2022, 5:05:55 PM8/25/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for a countdown timer for WordPress that can do these things:

(1) Be added as a Gutenberg block to any post, allowing the author to then add items to a “before countdown expires” group of blocks or an “after countdown expires” group of blocks so that the before or after content is displayed to the user depending on the state of the countdown.

(2) Present either a “fixed” countdown (counting down toward a certain date/time for everyone) or an “evergreen” countdown (counting down a fixed amount of time for each user based on a cookie set when they first encounter the timer).

(3) Make the countdown visible in a pleasing way, or make the countdown invisible, but still manage the before and after groups of content.

Does anyone know of a plugin that can do these things? I’ve gotten a bit bleary-eyed looking at a bunch of plugins and not found one yet.

Thanks!
...Eric

Eric Celeste / e...@tenseg.net / 651-323-2009

Lisa Drew

Aug 25, 2022, 5:16:31 PM8/25/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
How about: https://elfsight.com/countdown-timer-widget/

Eric Celeste

Aug 25, 2022, 6:16:19 PM8/25/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Lisa, but that does not appear to be a WordPress plugin. I am looking for a plugin that provides a Gutenberg block to do this job. The Elfsight timer is essentially an embed for any web page.