Referral for someone comfortable with multi-lingual, SEO-critical site

barbara schendel

May 20, 2022, 2:37:03 PM5/20/22
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Hey all,
I have a client to refer that has a site running Polylang (coincidentally the very language plugin that Justin just recommended on another thread)
Portuguese is the primary language; also runs in English and Spanish.

The site needs a complete redesign, and (possibly/likely) some adjustments to optimize performance (she had been getting some 500 server errors. Site is currently hosted at HostGator which worked fine up until recently)

Maintaining and improving current SEO standing is HUGELY important to this site. She is trying to come back from some past complications having to do with switching domains and platforms which negatively affected their SEO ranking. She is working with another SEO firm on much of this, but anything you do must take this into account.

Timeline is starting now if possible. Not sure of budget but I believe they will be comfortable with a standard website bid (not looking to lowball; but something within reason). Competence and experience is what decision will primarily be based on, but you will get bonus points if you are (or your company is led by) a woman.

If you feel like you might be a good fit for this project you can respond here, or email me directly. [My gmail is etellewyn.] I can then give the client your contact info and let them take it from there.

Thanks!
~barbara~

Donna Homan

May 20, 2022, 3:56:00 PM5/20/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Just chiming it about HostGator and 500 server errors.  I maintain a bunch of websites on HostGator and many of my sites experienced 500 server errors recently..  Just like this client, I had never experienced this  before.  HostGator's response was to upgrade my hosting package.   Not sure if that will help as I did not upgrade my package.  I am choosing to migrate to another host for many reasons.
Donna

barbara schendel

May 20, 2022, 6:30:44 PM5/20/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Donna, good to know. Thank you for sharing your experience with that.