Shopify?

Debra Axness

Feb 19, 2021, 11:51:44 AM2/19/21
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
I have a WP client who is an author and wants to add Shopify to his website.
He claims he can get "Shopify Lite" for $9/month, but when I checked the Shopify.com website, it's $29.95/month for Basic Shopify.
Does anyone have experience adding Shopify to their WP website? Any better alternatives to Shopify for website sales? Being an author with very slim margins, he is counting every penny, but wants more exposure for his work, especially his eBooks. Any help would be appreciated.

Lisa Drew

Feb 19, 2021, 12:39:21 PM2/19/21
to Debra Axness, mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Debra - you could try Ecwid.com  I use this for a client that sells DVDs online. It’s a lower cost alternative to Shopify.

--
Lisa Drew
Websites for a Song LLC

Office Hours M-F 10am-5pm, closed weekends

Check out my new eCards! lisadrewphotos.com

Debra Axness

Feb 19, 2021, 1:05:12 PM2/19/21
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Thanks! I'll look at that.
-Deb

Jennifer Salness

Feb 19, 2021, 1:19:44 PM2/19/21
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Shopify is its own system, but I know there are plugins to add it to WP. It’s also pricey.

WooCommerce may be easier. It’s free. Is made for WP. I’ve used it for years with my e-commerce store.

--
Blessings!
Jennifer

Lisa Drew

Feb 19, 2021, 2:31:09 PM2/19/21
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Debra - I would also look into sales tax since he’s selling eBooks. Collecting sales tax through other states may be a reason to hook up with an ecommerce partner like Ecwid or the like that can do this for your client. Woocommerce is free, but there are options that you may have to purchase to get it to work the way you need it to.