nameservers inexplicably pointed to Wix

barbara schendel

Sep 5, 2023, 6:33:06 PM9/5/23
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Did anyone else have a client (where domain is managed at godaddy) whose site went down today, pointing to a Wix page saying "Looks like this domain isn't connected to a website yet"?  I had a client have this happen, and I thought someone from their organization must have been messing around with something. So I switched the nameservers back to default GoDaddy nameservers and added back the A record.

Like I said, I thought it was just a fluke, not a big deal, but I just noticed a totally unrelated website that I went to that is having the exact same issue! This can't be a coincidence, can it?

Anybody else have this happen today?

Toby C

Sep 5, 2023, 8:04:40 PM9/5/23
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
That's happened to me a handful of times over the years but not today, as far as I know.

Toby