Custom Widget Using TinyMCE with <textarea>

Eric Schmid

Jun 22, 2024, 5:22:42 PMJun 22
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Here is the problem:  I am creating a custom widget for a website that I has a <textarea> field in it. I would like to include the standard TinyMCE buttons for minimal styling, similar to the generic WordPress Text widget.

I have not been able to find any tutorials/how to's online that actually work.  Does anyone know of a resource online that has the working code for this?

So I would like to add the circled below to a widget with a textarea field.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

custom-widget-2.png

Peter VanKoughnett

Jun 26, 2024, 3:58:39 PMJun 26
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
I'm not sure if you've found this page, but this is probably where I'd start. This is a WordPress specific implementation.

Here's a page for just loading it in without going through WordPress at all.

Eric Schmid

Jun 27, 2024, 11:24:34 AMJun 27
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Thanks, I will check out the link you included to stackoverflow.  I had spent a fair amount of time testing/trying different stackoverflow solutions but none were working, but I hadn't seen this one.