Trouble with Safari / Google Calendar Embeds

Peter VanKoughnett

Apr 21, 2023, 1:30:49 PM4/21/23
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Hi all, long time no see/talk!

I have a client who's having some trouble with their google calendar embed on some Safari versions.  When they go to the page with the calendar embed, they get caught in an infinite Captcha loop.  I've found surprisingly scant resources on this, but it seems to have to do with the "prevent cross-site tracking" setting on some Safari versions.  It used to not work on my Ipad, but now it's working, so maybe newer versions have been fixed.  Any tips on fixing this?

An alternative is to use a WordPress plugin to fetch Gcal data.  I've used SimpleCalendar before, but the reviews are a little mixed on it these days, so I'm hesitant.  I can't find any other plugin which has automatically syncing events from Gcal as a core feature.  Being able to search events would be nice too.

- Peter