Siteground / Database questions

Mike Witt

Jun 29, 2024, 10:54:36 AMJun 29
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com

Hoping maybe there are some other Siteground users out there who know more about databases than I do ...

I currently dump my wordpress databases daily and load them on my desktop machine to do various tasks. I have a couple of questions about what I'm seeing on the dumps of DBs from Siteground.

(1) "sandbox mode"

A few days ago this line showed up at the top of my my SG database dumps:

/*!999999\- enable the sandbox mode */

Anybody know why this change? Is it anything I should be concerned about?

(2) Server version - Site Health vs DB dump

On other platforms (lightsail and straight linux/apache) the server versions agree between site health and the dump (and site health seems to know whether it's MariaDB or not). But on Siteground I see different versions in Site Health and the Dump, for example:

Site Health: Server 8.0.36-28

Dump: Distrib 10.5.25-MariaDB

Again, just looking for any info on why this might be the case, and any possible concerns.

Beth Backen

Jun 29, 2024, 11:07:28 AMJun 29
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I use SiteGround, and I wouldn't be able to answer these questions as I don't use my DBs on my local machine, but I have had very good luck with asking SG chat support to help unravel mysteries. I find them knowledgeable and they far exceed other hosts I've had to interact with. Not sure you've tried them already, but I hope they can help.

Beth Backen

Mike Witt

Jun 29, 2024, 11:45:53 AMJun 29

On 2024-06-29 08:07:14 AM, Beth Backen wrote:

> Hi Mike,

> I use SiteGround, and I wouldn't be able to answer these questions as I

> don't use my DBs on my local machine, but I have had very good luck with

> asking SG chat support to help unravel mysteries. I find them knowledgeable

> and they far exceed other hosts I've had to interact with. Not sure you've

> tried them already, but I hope they can help.

> Beth Backen

Hi Beth,

I've actually been trying to figure out how to open a ticket, but (AFAICT) there's no way to do that anymore. I used to have pretty good success with tickets, but not so much with phone or "chat" support. (Particularly with detailed questions.) But if I can't get any info through other channels I'll steel myself for a long chat session :-)

Mike

Toby C

Jul 3, 2024, 9:29:49 AMJul 3
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I've actually been trying to figure out how to open a ticket, but (AFAICT) there's no way to do that anymore

That's been my experience recently at Siteground as well.  All tickets start as chats.  If needed, they'll escalate to a ticket.

Toby