Do you have experience with Netsuite?

barbara schendel

Mar 28, 2022, 7:04:42 PM3/28/22
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Does anyone on this list have experience with NetSuite? The agency I am working with is putting together a proposal where the client has requested that we keep all their integrations with NetSuite in place. I have never heard of NetSuite much less know how to integrate with it. So if we get the project, we will be looking to hire someone with experience with NetSuite who can manage this part of the project for us.

If you think you might be able to help out, I want to hear from you. You can respond here or email me directly. My gmail is etellewyn.

For context, here is the wording of what they are proposing:
"NetSuite is the enterprise resource planning system that manages xxxx’s
business finances, operations and customer relations. Their WordPress site, Cloudflare
Platform, WooCommerce plug-in and MailChimp plug-in are all integrated with
NetSuite’s operating system. As we meet the challenge described below, this current
system configuration will be maintained and leveraged as the site is enhanced and
further developed."

Nick Ciske

Mar 29, 2022, 1:52:20 PM3/29/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Wow, someone has really drunk the NetSuite kool-aid… "Operating System?" It’s a SAAS ERP ;-)

Its API is… the stuff of nightmares. Even NetSuite consultants prefer to use their newer “programmable” API so I’ll be interesting to see how deeply this is integrated.

If there’s an existing integration that is well separated from the rest of the site, great. If it’s tightly bound, it may require some refactoring to avoid loss of functionality.

Without doing an audit of the existing site it’s hard to say how big of a lift this is.

We could certainly help document and refactor/extract the existing integration and make sure it still works in the new site.

Nick Ciske
CTO/CISO
Nick Ciske Photo Luminfire.com
nick....@luminfire.com   |   612-564-1626 x702
Custom technology solutions that make businesses more effective, productive, and profitable.

barbara schendel

Mar 29, 2022, 2:01:27 PM3/29/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nick I might take you up on that audit, just so we know what we are dealing with and how it might impact the quote. I will talk to my client and we will reach out to LuminFire if they are game.