Membership plugin recommendation needed

Toby Cryns

Dec 8, 2022, 11:16:05 AM12/8/22
to Minneapolis Group
What are y'all using for membership sites these days?  I have a need for a WP membership plugin with the following features:
  • Restrict content to paid members.
  • Show parts of pages to unpaid members (e.g. "upgrade to see more")
  • Recurring monthly payments for members via Stripe & Paypal.
  • Multiple tiers of membership.
Thanks,
Toby

Toby Cryns
The Mighty Mo! | (612) 293-8629
Minneapolis, MN
TheMightyMo.com
LinkedIn

barbara schendel

Dec 8, 2022, 11:22:09 AM12/8/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Personally I still love Restrict Content Pro.  Even though the support sucks ever since iThemes bought it (seriously don't even bother) but the plugin is good, easy and powerful enough to be more than worth it. It is pretty simple and just has what you need, without a lot of bloat. The only place where it falls short is when you need to add custom profile fields. You have to do this with code, there isn't an interface for it. But otherwise RCP has been good and reliable. (note however that the PayPal gateway might be less than perfect. We are still looking into what might be causing our particular issues, but just thought I'd mention it)

Lisa Drew

Dec 8, 2022, 11:29:19 AM12/8/22
to Toby Cryns, mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com

Or Membership Works https://membershipworks.com

I used Membership Works for the Saint Paul Art Collective.

-------

Lisa Drew

Visit my new Etsy Shop!  Holiday Cards now available:  https://etsy.com/shop/artcardsbylisa

NEWS!  Now through December 2022: Ten large scale (3ft by 4ft) pieces of my artwork featuring images of Minneapolis will be installed on the Mezzanine Level, Level 1, and Level 2. A brochure with a map will be available at the Minneapolis Convention Center information desk. The pieces are on view any hours the building is open and the exhibit will run through the end of 2022.

The address of the Minneapolis Convention Center is: 1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis 55403.

All art is for sale and perfect for lobbies, conference rooms, offices and residential.  Contact lisadre...@gmail.com

Toby Cryns

Dec 8, 2022, 3:06:55 PM12/8/22
to Lisa Drew, mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the recommendation, Lisa!  I hadn't heard of Membership Works, and I'll check that out.  (I checked out MemberPress this morning...)

Toby

Toby Cryns
The Mighty Mo! | (612) 293-8629
Minneapolis, MN
TheMightyMo.com
LinkedIn

Toby C

Dec 9, 2022, 12:06:11 PM12/9/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing your experiences with Restrict Content Pro, Barbara!

Toby

"There are a LOT of planets out there..." - Planetarium staff person responding to a question of whether or not there is life elsewhere in the Universe.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 10:22 AM barbara schendel <etel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Personally I still love Restrict Content Pro.  Even though the support sucks ever since iThemes bought it (seriously don't even bother) but the plugin is good, easy and powerful enough to be more than worth it. It is pretty simple and just has what you need, without a lot of bloat. The only place where it falls short is when you need to add custom profile fields. You have to do this with code, there isn't an interface for it. But otherwise RCP has been good and reliable. (note however that the PayPal gateway might be less than perfect. We are still looking into what might be causing our particular issues, but just thought I'd mention it)

barbara schendel

Dec 9, 2022, 2:12:46 PM12/9/22
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, geez I re-read what I wrote and that was not a very convincing endorsement, was it! LOL. Seriously though I do still love it! :)