How do you get Coda 2 to forget a repository URL?

barbara schendel

Jul 15, 2012, 6:22:49 PM7/15/12
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I am experimenting with using Source Control in Coda 2... and of course I did not set it up quite right (it's trying to add the whole wp-content directory instead of just the theme dir) so I want to change it but Coda will not let me erase or forget the subversion repository info. I just want to start over with it. Does anybody know how I can do this?

Thanks!
-barbara-

Tom Penney

Jul 15, 2012, 8:35:58 PM7/15/12
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
the repository info is not stored in coda, it's stored in directories.
It's done this way so you can use any version control software you
like and the settings will be the same even if you switch back and
forth between coda and something else for version control.

if you are using subversion the repository info is stored in .svn
directories. git is stored in .git directories. to remove it you have
to go though each directory and remove all the .svn or .git sub
directories. files and directories that start with a "." are hidden by
default so you may need to go to the View menu and click "Show
Invisible Files". these directories are created by subversion (or
git) and are not part of the theme.

If you have a backup it is probably easier to delete everything and
start over. if its just the theme you just need to remove these
directories, twentyeleven example:

twentyeleven/.svn
twentyeleven/colors/.svn
twentyeleven/images/.svn
twentyeleven/images/headers/.svn
twentyeleven/inc/.svn
twentyeleven/inc/images/.svn
twentyeleven/js/.svn
twentyeleven/languages/.svn

- Tom
> --

Tom Penney
952-200-3363

Nick Pelton

Jul 15, 2012, 7:35:25 PM7/15/12
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
You need to "re-checkout" just the folder you want from your repository. This is assuming you already imported it into your repo.   For example, say I have a repository for my theme and I want to check it out to my theme folder. I could use a GUI tool like Versions or command like like so:

SVN co http://urlofyourrepo/reponame  targetfolder

When you "checkout" from a repo svn automatically adds .svn folders to track the changes. Then in Coda2 you add a new site and point the local directory to the exact theme folder you just  checked out. Click the "source" tab and toggle it on and enter any username and password required.

Thanks,
Nick