Email service?

Debra Axness

Apr 19, 2021, 4:55:03 PM4/19/21
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Hello, I have an inquiry about what email service would be recommended.

- They have a domain name registration at WIX.com
- They're locked in to the domain name registration for 3 years at WIX
- They've moved their website hosting over to Shopify
- They want an email service to read email sent to x...@companydomainname.com

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Deb Axness - websbydeb.com

Nick Ciske

Apr 19, 2021, 6:40:46 PM4/19/21
to Mpls-Stpaul-Wordpress
That’s a hard question to answer without any other info.

Do they just want a single account... vs accounts for the entire company? Those are very different conversation.

Do they already have GSuite or Office365 in place (eg do they have email anywhere else)? If so, where?

Do they just need the email forwarded? Do they need to reply as that email? Do they have a budget/limit for what they want to spend monthly.

Nick Ciske
CTO/CISO
LuminFire.com

Aaron Silver

Apr 20, 2021, 12:40:23 PM4/20/21
to Debra Axness, mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I like and use Fastmail. They have an MX-only setup option.

Aaron.

Aaron Silver

Apr 20, 2021, 12:41:02 PM4/20/21
to Debra Axness, mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
If you signup, use my referral link:

Eric Celeste

Apr 20, 2021, 12:55:31 PM4/20/21
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Hi Debra, I think Nick's questions are important. If they do not have GSuite or Office365 in place and they want to be able to send mail (more than simple forwarding), then you might consider Zoho Mail. We have set up several clients with Zoho and the cost is very reasonable (about $12/month/user) with the ability to also create groups/forwarders for free.   ...Eric

Eric Celeste  /  e...@tenseg.net  /  https://tenseg.net  /  651-323-2009

Debra Axness

Apr 22, 2021, 12:53:06 PM4/22/21
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Thank you all for the suggestions - very useful info. I also know I need to get an email service, that is not tied to my web hosting, so I'll be looking at GSuite/ Zoho / fastmail.
-Deb

Eric Celeste

Apr 22, 2021, 1:27:56 PM4/22/21
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I should point out that I misquoted the Zoho price... $12/year (not month)!   ...Eric

Mike Witt

Aug 8, 2021, 10:48:00 AM8/8/21
On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 10:40:23 AM UTC-6 Aaron wrote:
I like and use Fastmail. They have an MX-only setup option.

I'm a bit late to the party here :-)
The MX only looks interesting, but I can find it on the pricing page.
Are you actually using this? If so, how is it working and how much does it cost?
Thanks!!!
-Mike