Ideas on indenting certain items in a long Gravity Forms checkbox list

Toby Cryns

May 23, 2024, 9:44:02 AMMay 23
to Minneapolis Group
Hi!  I have a Gravity Form using the free Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types add-on.  I'm using it to populate a checkbox field, and it works great, except that plugin does not support visual hierarchies in the checkbox field (only in the dropdown field).  So I have a couple of questions:
  1. Do you have any ideas about how I might get a visual hierarchy working using Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types with a checkbox field?
  2. Any alternate ideas on how to achieve a visual hierarchy with a Gravity Forms checkbox field? (The form must create a post type, and the checkboxes must map to the categories on the post type.)

To view the issue live on the web, see the "Teaching Areas" checkbox field at https://adjunctconnect.org/adjunct-submission-profile/.

Thanks in advance for your ideas and help!
Toby

Toby Cryns
The Mighty Mo! | (612) 293-8629
Minneapolis, MN
TheMightyMo.com
LinkedIn

Aaron Silver

May 23, 2024, 11:11:57 AMMay 23
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Toby,

You can use the GF filter that let's you assign choices to checkboxes, and iterate through the list of categories in that function. Then you can prepend a dash or non-breaking-space for lower levels (recursively, for multiple indents). The checkboxes will still be lined up with each other, but the labels/answers will be indented.

Alternatively, if you aren't planning on changing the categories, you can target them with css individually by the unique classes in their divs (e.g. gchoice gchoice_3_44_3) to indent the checkboxes themselves, but that would be tedious!

Aaron.

Toby C

May 28, 2024, 11:20:01 AMMay 28
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron.

You can use the GF filter that let's you assign choices to checkboxes, and iterate through the list of categories in that function. Then you can prepend a dash or non-breaking-space for lower levels (recursively, for multiple indents). The checkboxes will still be lined up with each other, but the labels/answers will be indented.

Neat - I didn't know about the GF Field Choices filter.

Thank you!
Toby

"You take a chance getting up every morning, crossing the street, or sticking your face in a fan.” - Officer Frank Drebin

Barbara Schendel-Kent

May 28, 2024, 11:41:29 AMMay 28
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
Me neither! I would have gone the tedious CSS route!  I love learning a new GF trick.