What's your favorite WP theme?

Toby

Mar 4, 2024, 12:24:18 PMMar 4
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Hi! I'm writing an article for WPTavern.com about WP theme popularity.  What's your favorite WP theme and why?  (NOTE: By responding to this thread, you are giving me permission to use your quote in the article - no backsies!)

Thanks,
Toby

Toby

Mar 4, 2024, 2:36:47 PMMar 4
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
My favorite theme is Beaver Builder, primarily because it's fast to load on the front and back end.  It also has all the tools and modules I need for 90% of cases.

Toby

Aaron Silver

Mar 4, 2024, 3:53:29 PMMar 4
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com

Barbara Schendel-Kent

Mar 4, 2024, 4:05:26 PMMar 4
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
+1 for Beaver Builder (specifically using the Beaver Themer plugin) because it is almost just as powerful as creating my own theme (what I used to do before Beaver Themer was released), but with the fast, easy and powerful features of Beaver Builder. I'm never going back!

Jodi Stammer

Mar 4, 2024, 4:27:16 PMMar 4
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com

I also use Beaver Builder/Themer, but not the theme. I’ve always used Genesis and still do. I use Mai Theme as my base, much to the horror of the dev who never intended it to be used with a builder J Sometimes I try to use the block editor on a basic page, but it still feels clumsy and unintuitive to me. I love Mai Theme because of the scalable fonts and spacing and the navigation is very well done.

Jodi

John Visser

Mar 5, 2024, 10:14:33 AMMar 5
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
My favorite theme is either "Hello Elementor" (the barebones vanilla theme when building a site with Elementor), or just using Bricks.

~john

John Visser  |  johnvisser.net
Tenacious, solution-driven WordPress development, optimization, and maintenance in Minnesota.

Matt @ GEEK with a personality

Mar 5, 2024, 10:57:54 AMMar 5
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
+1 for Impreza! (Aaron, didn't know this is your fav too!)  Have built 20-30 sites with it.
  • $59 one time purchase.
  • Comes with WP Bakery Page Builder, which is my go to. Love the backend editor.  Extremely intuitive.
  • Theme Options are very integrated with WP Bakery and include drag-n-drop Header/Footer builder, Reusable Blocks, Grid Builder, and Template Builder.
  • When used with ACF, I never have to touch code because WP Bakery has a Custom Field element that pulls in any ACF field I want.
  • Comes bundled with Slider Revolution, ACF Pro, to name a few.
  • Theme Support is incredible!
My 2.7 cents!

Best!
Matt
---

Matt Christenson
GEEK, with a personality

WordPress Website Design, Graphic Design, SEO, Training, Maintenance, and Hosting
GEEKwap.com
Schedule a Phone Call with the GEEK!
Connect with the GEEK!
Like and Follow the GEEK!

Beth Backen

Mar 5, 2024, 12:04:40 PMMar 5
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
My favorite theme is Enfold. They have a really nice drag and drop system and the theme is super versatile. Good customer support and good performance improvements as browser changes are implemented.

Beth

Lisa Drew

Mar 5, 2024, 1:06:28 PMMar 5
to Beth Backen, mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I’ve been a Divi user since almost the beginning.  It also has a drag and drop system, along with a visual builder that allows edits from the front end as well as the dashboard.

Lisa Drew

Fusion Artist, Musician, and Web Designer (retired)
Voicemail: 612-460-7664 (web design) or 612-444-8063 (artwork)
Member: NEMAA, Hopkins Center for the Arts, PRAXIS, Hallberg Center for the Arts

Current/Upcoming Shows:.

  • Feb 17-Mar 20 2024 – MEMBER SHOWCASE, Praxis Gallery, Minneapolis, MN (featuring Trillium)
  • Jan 20-Feb 10 2024 – LANDSCAPES Juried International Exhibit, Praxis Gallery, Minneapolis, MN (featuring Aspen Dreams)
  • Jan 20-Mar 20 2024 – THE SKY ABOVE International Juried Exhibit, Biafarin Exhibitzone (featuring Aurora Night) Please Vote!

View My Calendar for Current and Past Events:  https://www.lisadrew.art/whats-happening/

Donna Homan

Mar 5, 2024, 7:50:22 PMMar 5
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
I have been using Astra theme a lot. Got a lifetime license for Astra Premium & Astra Pro which has been so worth it for fast customization.
Donna

Eric Celeste

Mar 5, 2024, 11:27:54 PMMar 5
to mpls-stpau...@googlegroups.com
We have been using Astra a lot for the past three years or so. It has great benefits and a few unfortunate flaws, but on the whole it is a win for us. Astra is a more traditional theme than Genesis, easier to build child themes with, but it has a huge depth of hooks, making it just as flexible and customizable for our clients as we found with Genesis years ago.  …Eric

Eric Celeste  /  e...@tenseg.net  /  651-323-2009

Toby

Mar 8, 2024, 4:30:09 PMMar 8
to Minneapolis St. Paul WordPress User Group
Thanks everyone!  You are all super famous now: https://wptavern.com/which-wp-theme-is-best-fun-with-theme-download-stats

Toby