how to compile & install mpir + mpfr on fresh Windows 8 Visual Studio 2015 Express platform

Jens

Nov 16, 2018, 10:02:22 PM11/16/18
to mpir-devel
Hello,

how can I install + compile the libs in Topic?

TIA
Jens

Brian Gladman

Nov 17, 2018, 11:28:25 AM11/17/18
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com
On 16/11/2018 21:57, Jens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I install + compile the libs in Topic?

Hi Jens,

There is support for Visual Studio 2015 in my MPIR repository here:

https://github.com/BrianGladman/mpir

The file mpir.pdf in the mpr\doc subdirectory gives details of how to
build MPIR with Visual Studio.

My build for MPFR is here:

https://github.com/BrianGladman/mpfr/

but this only supports Visual Studio 2017. However, the VS1017 solution
will load in VS2015 and the build properties can then be manually edited
so that it will build (they will need to match those used to build MPIR).

The mpir and mpfr directories need to be put into a common directory and
the MPIR static library then has to be built. The MPFR build can then
be completed.

Brian

Trent Creekmore

Nov 17, 2018, 4:03:49 PM11/17/18
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com
You don't install it. You open the solution file for Visual Studio , then hit compile. Then you will have a library or dll file to reference in your own project