Re: [mpir-devel] Missing __GMP_MP_RELEASE macro

Bill Hart

Aug 31, 2012, 11:23:57 PM8/31/12
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for mentioning this. I don't think it would be any problem to
add this macro to the next release. I've added it to the todo list.

The current delay with the release is due to my internet access being
almost non-existent. I am accessing the internet at 56kb/s at the
moment, with regular drop outs. However, I will be back to broadband
within a week. I am actually amazed at how many websites do not work
with dial-up internet nowadays!

Bill.

On 27/08/2012, Volker Braun <vbrau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Starting with GMP 5.0.1 the version can also be gotten from the following
> macro in gmp.h (autogenerated from gmp-h.in):
>
> #define __GMP_MP_RELEASE (__GNU_MP_VERSION * 10000 + __GNU_MP_VERSION_MINOR
>
> * 100 + __GNU_MP_VERSION_PATCHLEVEL)
>
> I just noticed that gap-4.5.5 uses this macro, so it would be useful to
> "officially" support it im MPIR as well.

Cactus

Sep 1, 2012, 3:20:59 AM9/1/12
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, 27 August 2012 00:52:32 UTC+1, Volker Braun wrote:
Starting with GMP 5.0.1 the version can also be gotten from the following macro in gmp.h (autogenerated from gmp-h.in):

#define __GMP_MP_RELEASE (__GNU_MP_VERSION * 10000 + __GNU_MP_VERSION_MINOR * 100 + __GNU_MP_VERSION_PATCHLEVEL)

I just noticed that gap-4.5.5 uses this macro, so it would be useful to "officially" support it im MPIR as well.

Did you mean __GNU_MP_RELEASE ?

Anyway, I have added __GNU_MP_RELEASE and __MPIR_RELEASE to the MPIR SVN so they will appear in the next version of MPIR, which should be released shortly.

Volker Braun

Sep 1, 2012, 7:28:25 AM9/1/12
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com
No I really meant __GMP_MP_RELEASE! Though that might be a good question to ask the GMP developers. In any case, see

http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-commit/2010-January/000283.html

for the commit.

Cactus

Sep 1, 2012, 7:51:50 AM9/1/12
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, 1 September 2012 12:28:25 UTC+1, Volker Braun wrote:
No I really meant __GMP_MP_RELEASE! Though that might be a good question to ask the GMP developers. In any case, see

http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-commit/2010-January/000283.html

for the commit.

That is odd since, unless I am mistaken, the latest version of gmp (5.0.5) has a macro for GNU_MP_RELEASE but not __GMP_RELEASE.

Anyway, as I am not a GMP user, I will have to leave it those who want this macro to decide which version is now needed.

Volker Braun

Sep 1, 2012, 9:12:29 AM9/1/12
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com
You are right, __GMP_MP_RELEASE was subsequently renamed to  __GNU_MP_RELEASE and thats what it is in the current GMP.

gap-4.5.5 only checks __GMP_MP_RELEASE if __GNU_MP_RELEASE is not defined %-)