Flint 2.6.0-rc1

Bill Hart

May 26, 2020, 8:06:25 AM5/26/20
to flint-devel, nemo-devel, sage-...@googlegroups.com, osca...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, mpir-devel
Dear all,

I have just tagged Flint 2.6.0-rc1 on GitHub [1], where tarballs are
now available to download and try out.

If there are no further bug reports by this Friday 29 May 2020 the
final release of flint-2.6.0 will be made.

Please report bugs on our GitHub issues and successful builds here.

This is now a final opportunity for everyone, including end users, to
report any issues before the final release (hopefully) on Friday.

Note that Flint now has new online sphinx documentation [3].

Contributors have been updated on our website [4], however we will
acknowledge contributors to this release when the final release
announcement is made on Friday and final release tarballs are put on
the website.

Please note that the soname will not be incremented for the final
release. It has already been incremented for 2.6.0 in anticipation of
the release.

The only tasks that remain for the release are:

* further updating of our website
* Windows MSVC solution file documentation
* release announcement

Please note that the flint-2.5 branch in our repository is now
defunct. All backporting from trunk will now occur on flint-2.6.

Bill.

[1] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/releases/tag/2.6.0-rc1
[2] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/issues
[3] http://flintlib.org/doc/
[4] http://flintlib.org/authors.html

Bill Hart

May 28, 2020, 11:41:15 AM5/28/20
to flint-devel, nemo-devel, sage-...@googlegroups.com, osca...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, mpir-devel
Dear all,

I have now tagged Flint 2.6.0-rc2 [2]. If no further major issues are
found the release will become final on Monday June 1st.

Issues should be reported on our issue tracker[2]. Successful builds
can be reported here.

Bill.

[1] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/releases/tag/2.6.0-rc2
[2] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/issues

Bill Hart

May 29, 2020, 2:30:50 PM5/29/20
to flint-devel, nemo-devel, sage-...@googlegroups.com, osca...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, mpir-devel
Dear all,

I've tagged Flint 2.6.0-rc3 [2]. The new changes are:

* better support for old version of MSVC (fix some prototypes)
* support for building Flint without pthreads (only useful for old platforms)
* add const to some mpoly functions

As these are not considered serious problems, the release is still
scheduled for Monday.

Bill.

[1] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/releases/tag/2.6.0-rc3
[2] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/issues

Bill Hart

Jun 3, 2020, 7:50:53 AM6/3/20
to flint-devel, nemo-devel, sage-...@googlegroups.com, osca...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, mpir-devel
Dear all,

I've tagged Flint 2.6.0-rc4 [2]. The new changes are:

* fixes for C++ wrapper
* fix verbose mode for build/tests
* fix quiet mode CXX printing

Assuming there are no additional serious bugs found, the release will
become final this Friday 5th June.

Issue to be reported on our GitHub issue tracker [2].

Bill.

[1] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/releases/tag/2.6.0-rc4
[2] https://github.com/wbhart/flint2/issues