Does the most recent version of MPIR have the same API as the most recent version of GMP?

zzzhhh

Oct 7, 2019, 4:52:41 AM10/7/19
to mpir-devel
If the most recent version of MPIR is what I downloaded from github and the most recent version of GMP is 6.1.2, do they have exactly the same function API? Thanks.

Dima Pasechnik

Oct 7, 2019, 10:59:42 AM10/7/19
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 3:52 AM zzzhhh <hzh...@g.clemson.edu> wrote:
If the most recent version of MPIR is what I downloaded from github and the most recent version of GMP is 6.1.2, do they have exactly the same function API? Thanks.

my understanding is that APIs are close enough to allow big projects such as sagemath.org to switch between GMP and MPIR without
any problems, although there could be some minor discrepancies.

HTH
Dima