How to compile mpirxx.dll on windows with msvc

wei zhao

Aug 8, 2020, 2:21:33 AM8/8/20
to mpir-devel
hi all,

 I downloaded mpir from github.com/BrianGladman.git. when I open msvc/vs10/mpir.sln I found three projects,  dll_mpir.gc, lib_mpir_cxx, lib_mpir_gc.

 lib_mpir_cxx generates a static lib, i need a dynamic one, I tried change it to dynamic libary but compile failed, showing a lot of unresolved external symbols.

anybody knows how to compile a dynamic mpirxx lib ? thanks in advance.

wei.

Brian Gladman

Aug 8, 2020, 3:02:54 AM8/8/20
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com, wei zhao
There is no dynamic mpirxx library

You should build the The DLL library, dll_mpir_gc, which provides both
the C and C++ MPIR functions.

The MPIR manual explains how to build assembler optimised versions if
you need them.

Brian Gladman