Changing mpicc in mpi.cfg manually. Is this ok?

Sung H Jung

Dec 29, 2022, 3:37:40 PM12/29/22
to mpi4py
I have an installation of mpi4py that already came with my system, and its "mpi.cfg" file shows which MPI compilers it is using. However, I would like it to use another MPI that is at a different path.

If I manually change the paths to the MPI compilers in "mpi.cfg" to the other MPI path, would it (1) use those other MPI compilers, and (2) work as intended without breaking anything? Or do I have to do something more sophisticated?

Lisandro Dalcin

Dec 29, 2022, 3:50:50 PM12/29/22
to mpi4py
The mpi.cfg file within the mpi4py installation is only for informative purposes and is not intended to be modified after installation.
If you want to use a different MPI, you have to reinstall mpi4py.