Re: [mpi4py] Data broadcast fails from python to Fortran code

Lisandro Dalcin

Jan 13, 2021, 12:11:51 PM1/13/21
to mpi...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 at 17:39, conn.o...@gmail.com <conn.o...@gmail.com> wrote:

commspawn.Bcast(stop_run, root=MPI.ROOT)

What's in "stop_run" ? Does it work if you do it the following way?

commspawn.Bcast(numpy.int32(stop_run), root=MPI.ROOT)

BTW, I'm assuming "commspawn.Get_size() == 1", otherwize root=MPI.ROOT would not be correct.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a reason why this simple data transfer might not work or how to figure out what the problem is?

Try the examples in mpi4py's demo/spawning/ directory,
If these examples work, then that would signal you have a bug somewhere.
If these demos do not work, then the problem is on your MPI implementation.

--
Lisandro Dalcin