just curious, Why java?

manue...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2014, 9:46:29 PM8/17/14
to mp...@googlegroups.com
I think the jvm with the garbage collection and other overheads prevents higher performance

MPI-D

Aug 17, 2014, 10:16:05 PM8/17/14
to manue...@gmail.com, mp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your question.

That's because many Big Data middleware are using Java/Scala
currently. We are hoping our Java-based library can be easily used by
the existing works in the Big Data community.

We understand the JVM overhead but it also brings the benefits from
the productivity angle. In the future, we have the plan to release the
C implementation.

Thanks
DataMPI Team