Playfield

Bob P

Sep 11, 2023, 9:46:14 AM9/11/23
to MPF Users
I have a very good .eps file of a playfield for a game I'm building.
Was thinking of getting it printed just on bond to do the drilling but what should the final print be on?
Is this something I should get printed on photo quality film and try to protect with some type of coating?

Laurent Maillard

Oct 20, 2023, 3:09:56 AM10/20/23
to MPF Users
hi bob, personally, I varnish my raw playfield, then I have my artwork printed on a transparent self-adhesive vinyl (without omitting a layer of “supporting white” under the illustrations to have a good color rendition/contrast) Finally I protect my print with a good layer of two-component car body varnish... but you can also replace this last layer of varnish with a layer of mylar or PPF... I hope this will help you. Friendly Laurent (France)

Bob P

Oct 22, 2023, 7:54:43 PM10/22/23
to MPF Users
great info, thanks!

Orange Perso

Oct 23, 2023, 6:02:23 AM10/23/23
to mpf-...@googlegroups.com
You’re welcome 👍🏻

Laurent Maillard

Le 23 oct. 2023 à 01:54, Bob P <bobp...@rogers.com> a écrit :

great info, thanks!

OPP

Oct 24, 2023, 7:46:29 PM10/24/23
to MPF Users
I did it slightly differently.  I sanded the playfield down the playfield, did a base coat of white in the sections I didn't want the wood to show through.  I have a little bit about it in the slides I did for Pintastic in 2015.  (Crikeys, that was already 8 years ago).  Here is the link to the presentation and page 10 has a couple applicable pictures.  https://sourceforge.net/p/open-pinball-project/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/Docs/SS3Presentation.pdf   The only downside of vinyl is it is stretchy and so getting it registered properly is really difficult.  Mylar would be a better idea if you can get somebody to print on that.

What the heck happened to google groups.  Now I can't see who answered and it just shows up as MPF users.  That's crap!
-H