Light show not working, GSSTREAMER error

Lisa Sue Jones

Jul 5, 2024, 3:20:21 PMJul 5
to MPF Users
I entered my lights and a very simple light show for attract mode.  It's not working.  I updated the firmware to my expansion board and that didn't fix it.  I am getting a GSTREAMER error.

Failed to load plugin.  The specified module could not be found.

I followed the path listed and the file is there.  Not sure what to do next.  Thanks!

Logs attached.
2024-07-05-14-45-15-mpf-GreatestShowman.log
2024-07-05-14-45-15-mc-GreatestShowman.log

cobra18t

Jul 6, 2024, 2:04:22 PMJul 6
to MPF Users
I see no error in the logs. Are you just getting the warning as it is here: https://groups.google.com/g/mpf-users/c/jHyxHi1cMZs/m/6foOl-xjBwAJ

Share your light show and show player configs. They may not be playing but there doesn't seem to be an error.

Lisa Sue Jones

Jul 6, 2024, 6:05:49 PMJul 6
to MPF Users
I have the lights working now.  I didn't realize that my lights were  WS2812 RGB LEDs and I had to add the extra line for type: grb.  As soon as I added that, I had my first light show!  It only took me about 8 hours to get 6 little lights to work!  My head hurts!  LOL

I still don't know what to do with the GStreamer error, but so far, it doesn't seem to affect anything

Lisa Sue Jones

Jul 6, 2024, 6:05:53 PMJul 6
to MPF Users
Yes, I am getting the error that you showed in the example.  Hopefully it doesn't mean much.  I got my lights working now.  Had to add the type since they are LEDs.  Thank you!

cobra18t

Jul 6, 2024, 7:17:34 PMJul 6
to MPF Users
The GStreamer thing is a warning, not an error. You can safely ignore it.