No path to trough, but device is tagged as drain

Lisa Sue Jones

Jun 20, 2024, 5:28:42 PMJun 20
to MPF Users
I made it to step 7 with the tutorial, but can't get it to run.

Git Hub Link to my Greatest Showman repository

It keeps shutting down with the same error about the trough tagged as drain.  I looked at missionpinball.org/log and didn't find CFE-ball_device-11 to help trouble shoot.

There's also an attribute error "NoneType" object has no atribute "unicode_aware"

I have gone over the indentation several times.  I think it's good.  I think my code matches the tutorial, but I'm sure there is an error somewhere.

Thank you!
2024-06-20-17-11-03-mpf-LisaDesktop.log
2024-06-20-17-11-03-mc-LisaDesktop.log

Anthony van Winkle

Jun 20, 2024, 5:48:45 PMJun 20
to MPF Users
Your repository is private so we cannot see the code, but MPF supports having two devices separate for "drain" and "trough", as some machines will drain to one place and then transfer the ball from the drain to the trough. The error is MPF noting that it can't find a way to move the ball from the drain to the trough (which would be a coil device). For a proper setup, your device tagged with drain should have an eject target to the device tagged as trough, and an eject_coil to move the ball there. This way, MPF knows it can fire that eject coil to move the ball.

If you don't have separate drain and trough devices (i.e. balls drain directly into the trough), then that ball_device should have both tags for "drain" and "trough".

Lisa Sue Jones

Jun 20, 2024, 8:55:38 PMJun 20
to MPF Users
Ok.  I got it and it is working!  Thank you !