mpf installer

Ben Madison

Nov 6, 2021, 3:23:37 PM11/6/21
to MPF Users
Whats stopping mpf for building a proper installer so people can actually install this software and any other supporting software that's needed.

Avery Tummons

Nov 6, 2021, 3:45:00 PM11/6/21
to mpf-...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean by this? There is a tutorial on the website. People don’t read it/try to do weird and different stuff and then ask for support when it doesn’t work. So that’s edge case and going to happen no matter what.

I’ve used Linux for all of 5 minutes in my life, which was to install MPF, I followed the tutorial and it worked flawlessly. And pretty much it’s one command line and the installer runs.

Can it be better, sure. Everything can always be better. But seems like most issues are one off things that wouldn’t work with a more robust installer to account for every scenario and setup possible.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 6, 2021, at 2:23 PM, Ben Madison <benmadis...@gmail.com> wrote:

Whats stopping mpf for building a proper installer so people can actually install this software and any other supporting software that's needed.

jabdoa

Nov 6, 2021, 7:34:05 PM11/6/21
to MPF Users
I agree with Avery. You are welcomed to improve the installer. We love contributions!

Jan