Spectre-NG - Multiple new Intel CPU flaws

1 view

Miroslav Lachman

May 4, 2018, 5:56:13 AM5/4/18
Spectre and Meltdown was patched in FreeBSD 2 months ago and new
vulnerabilities in CPU are about to come.

https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Exclusive-Spectre-NG-Multiple-new-Intel-CPU-flaws-revealed-several-serious-4040648.html

Miroslav Lachman

Ronald F. Guilmette

May 4, 2018, 3:38:18 PM5/4/18

In message <6e279745-bfe5-fad1...@quip.cz>,
Miroslav Lachman <000....@quip.cz>u wrote:

>Spectre and Meltdown was patched in FreeBSD 2 months ago and new
>vulnerabilities in CPU are about to come.
>
>https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Exclusive-Spectre-NG-Multiple-new-Intel-CPU-flaws-revealed-several-serious-4040648.html

I suspect that I speak for almost everyone here when I say that
I really hope like hell that the story at the above link is
just some sort of a colossal gag or prank. But it sure doesn't
look like one.

If it isn't, then diety help us all!

Regards,
rfg

Christian Weisgerber

May 4, 2018, 4:59:10 PM5/4/18
On 2018-05-04, "Ronald F. Guilmette" <r...@tristatelogic.com> wrote:

>>https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Exclusive-Spectre-NG-Multiple-new-Intel-CPU-flaws-revealed-several-serious-4040648.html
>
> I suspect that I speak for almost everyone here when I say that
> I really hope like hell that the story at the above link is
> just some sort of a colossal gag or prank.

c't magazine is one of the most reputable sources in the IT press.
I have no doubt that there are eight processor vulnerabilities under
embargo. What there actual impact may be remains to be seen.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber na...@mips.inka.de