Getting MultiSite to work

Paul Verheul

Mar 20, 2013, 5:12:46 PM3/20/13
to mp-multi...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I just downloaded and installed MultiSite, but I don't have access to the Apache vhost settings.
However, in the server management tool of my host I set *.domain.nl to the directory docroot.

It looks like this now:

------ admin
----------- all admin files ('multi' dir etc)
------ docroot
----------- all docroot files

I can not put the admin files at the same level as docroot, because I don't have the possibility to open them in a browser (I can, however, open the dir 'admin')
With some minor adjustments in multi/start.php, the admin works. I can create a subdomain, and when I click 'install' it opens subdomain.domain.nl. When I click 'next', the subdomain disappears. On the next page, the db connection can't be made because of wrong credentials. When printing the $CONFIG array, it has no dbuser, dbpassword etc.

Have you had this problem before? Is it the disappearing of the subdomain that screws things up?

I'd be happy to hear from anyone.