Some questions about Control_Echo_Theremin

Mart

Jul 21, 2023, 6:34:58 AM7/21/23
to Mozzi-users
Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Because I am Japanese.
I am trying to make a Theremin. I have some questions. I'm glad you let me know.

1. Can I remove echo effect from Control_Echo_Theremin.ino? if it is possible, what shoud I do?

2. I will use 8 ultrasonic sensors(HC-SR04). There need a 10micro seconds (Maybe more) pulse signal and pulseIn function. Can I activate these signal and function in Control_Echo_Theremin.ino?

Thank you.
Mart.

Mr Sensorium

Jul 21, 2023, 6:53:43 AM7/21/23
to Mozzi-users

Hi Mart,

I'm not able to test this at the moment, but I found this sketch on my computer from a time I was experimenting with a hc-sr04 and Mozzi.  Maybe you can try it as a starting point.  The Control_Echo_Theremin sketch uses 4 oscillators to mimic echo.  You can remove the echo by keeping only the 1st oscillator, and removing all the others.  This sketch I include, if it works for you, already does the sinewave without the echo.
Sinewave_Ping.ino