Arduino Uno R4 and Mozzi?

loss

Jul 24, 2023, 8:03:37 AM7/24/23
to mozzi...@googlegroups.com
I was excited to read today that the new $20 Uno R4 Minima runs at 32 bit and has a built in DAC!!

Though I know the much smaller and much cheaper Xiao Samd21 can do the same thing I must admit I love the easy voltages and built in headers of the Uno.

So I was just wondering if Mozzi will be plug and play with this board or if there are any caveats etc

THANKS !!!

Dan

tomco...@live.fr

Jul 25, 2023, 4:35:23 AM7/25/23
to Mozzi-users
Hello!

The Uno R4 is a very different architecture than anything previously ported by Mozzi, so a new port is needed to get it to work with it. Luckily, work on this have been done already and a dev version is available on github (https://github.com/sensorium/Mozzi/tree/devel/UnoR4) (not in the Arduino library manager yet). This port is working but has not received much testing, do not hesitate to report back any problem you find while using it (https://github.com/sensorium/Mozzi/pull/190).

The only missing thing is the asynchroneous implementation of mozziAnalogRead(), which falls back on analogRead(). That being said, the headroom of power available on this board should make this solution good enough for now. Once this is complete, I guess we will try to roll out a new release for the Arduino IDE in order to take into account the work done on the Arduino Giga and the Arduino R4.

Cheers!
Tom

tomco...@live.fr

Aug 7, 2023, 4:59:07 AM8/7/23
to Mozzi-users
Hi,

Small update on this, this is now merged with the main branch of Mozzi. It will very likely be part of a new Arduino version soon (maybe when the async adc is done).
Cheers,

Peter Haughie

Dec 18, 2023, 6:12:53 PM12/18/23
to Mozzi-users
I was actually wondering about the R4. DOes anybody know if there is there a smaller board than the minima planned? The R3 could at least be built barebones into projects but the R4 has the same footprint as the Uno which is relatively HUGE for audio projects.