How to run MozRepl in a headless environment

Vij

Nov 9, 2011, 6:06:56 PM11/9/11
to MozLab
Hi guys - firstly thanks to everyone working on MozRepl, it's an
awesome tool. I'm trying to figure how I can use MozRepl in a headless
environment for crawling purposes (dealing with a lot of javascript
pages on the project I'm working on).

I know how to run Firefox in a headless way using xvfb. What I don't
know how to do is to install MozRepl on firefox in a headless
environment (on my servers as Rackspace). I also don't know how I can
enable MozRepl automatically rather than through a menu. I need to
figure out both before I can use MozRepl to help with me with crawling
javascript pages.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Massimiliano Mirra

Nov 9, 2011, 6:26:33 PM11/9/11
to moz...@googlegroups.com
Simply dropping the xpi package in the profiledir/extensions/
directory should take care of the installing; if not, rename the
package to moz...@hyperstruct.net.xpi and retry. To autostart, add
this to the prefs.js file in the profiledir:

pref("extensions.mozrepl.autoStart", true);

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Massimiliano

Vijay Boyapati

Nov 9, 2011, 6:29:38 PM11/9/11
to moz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Massimiliano, thanks for your advice. I'll try that and see how it goes.

cheers!