utf8 Mechanize/Firefox

Adm Glasgow

Feb 5, 2012, 7:24:01 PM2/5/12
to MozLab
Hi Guys,

I was wondewring if anyone could help me with an issue that keeps
coming up with my instance of WWW/Mechanize/Firefox

The code is from the example:
use WWW::Mechanize::Firefox;
my $mech = WWW::Mechanize::Firefox->new();
$mech->get('http://www.mysite.com');

However the output seems to suggest (to me with my limited knowledge)
that the module has missed somthing before it reads the content. Does
anyone have a suggestion or a fix or workaround please.

OUTPUT IS:
>perl -d:DProf mozrelp-1.pl
String found where operator expected at C:/Perl64/site/lib/WWW/
Mechanize/Firefox.pm line 999, near "encode 'UTF-8'"
(Do you need to predeclare encode?)
String found where operator expected at C:/Perl64/site/lib/WWW/
Mechanize/Firefox.pm line 1015, near "encode 'UTF-8'"
(Do you need to predeclare encode?)
syntax error at C:/Perl64/site/lib/WWW/Mechanize/Firefox.pm line 999,
near "encode 'UTF-8'"
syntax error at C:/Perl64/site/lib/WWW/Mechanize/Firefox.pm line 1015,
near "encode 'UTF-8'"
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at C:/Perl64/site/lib/
WWW/Mechanize/Firefox.pm line 1622.
Compilation failed in require at mozrelp-1.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mozrelp-1.pl line 1.