Mozrepl and FireFox 8.0

beat

Nov 11, 2011, 2:09:40 AM11/11/11
to MozLab
Hi folks,
MozRepl 1.1beta2 is working with Firefox 8.0?

Massimiliano Mirra

Nov 11, 2011, 10:46:06 AM11/11/11
to moz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Beat,
latest master branch from the git repository should work, I haven't
got around to update the xpi package yet, will try to do so soon.
Cheers,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:09 AM, beat <bschi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> MozRepl 1.1beta2 is working with Firefox 8.0?

beat

Nov 14, 2011, 12:59:38 AM11/14/11
to MozLab
Hi Massimiliano,

On Nov 11, 4:46 pm, Massimiliano Mirra <hyperstr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> latest master branch from the git repository should work, I haven't
> got around to update the xpi package yet, will try to do so soon.

thanks for your reply. Where I can get this 'master branch'?

Greetings

Beat

Massimiliano Mirra

Nov 14, 2011, 5:49:27 AM11/14/11
to moz...@googlegroups.com

beat

Nov 14, 2011, 6:18:17 AM11/14/11
to MozLab
Hi Massimiliano,

On 14 Nov., 11:49, Massimiliano Mirra <hyperstr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://github.com/bard/mozrepl
>
> Or directly as zip archive:https://github.com/bard/mozrepl/zipball/master

thanks for your reply, it works perfect!

Regards from Switzerland

Beat

Carmine Casciato

Nov 16, 2011, 10:17:09 PM11/16/11
to MozLab
HI Massimiliano, apologies for the newbness, but how would one go
about installing the zip archive? I have tried just renaming it with a
xpi extension or placing the zip in my extensions folder, but this is
not enough.

Thanks for the great work!
Carmine

Massimiliano Mirra

Nov 17, 2011, 11:37:59 AM11/17/11
to moz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carmine,
suppose you unpacked the zip in /home/carmine/mozrepl, you can create
a text file in your Firefox profiledir/extensions/ folder, named
moz...@hyperstruct.net, containing the line:

/home/carmine/mozrepl/

(Don't forget the newline at the end.)

More info can be found somewhere on developer.mozilla.org. I should be
releasing a new xpi before next week.

Cheers,
Massimiliano

Carmine Casciato

Nov 17, 2011, 11:44:16 AM11/17/11
to moz...@googlegroups.com
Hi Massimiliano,

Another way that worked for me on OSX 10.6.8 was to rezip the contents of your zip file and rename it as an xpi. This installed without a corrupt xpi message.
Grazie!
Carmine
--
Carmine Casciato