Why does and EXE file using Mozrepl try to access a DNS server?

lee...@operamail.com

Jul 16, 2013, 4:11:39 PM7/16/13
to moz...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm using a scripting language called Autoit to connect to Mozrepl. It works quite well, but there's a small question that I'm trying to get an answer to.

So I can run an Autoit script as an au3 file, Or I can "compile" an au3 file into a stand alone windows exe file. Both files run and do the same thing. The exe doesn't need an install of the Autoit "framwork", it'll run on windows by itself.

If I run the Mozrepl connecting EXE file it attempts access to my ISP's DNS server. If I block access it will not run successfully. There's no code in the exe  needing DNS so I don't why it does this, all there is is one line saying to connect to Mozrepl. If I allow access it run fine.

If I run the same one-liner as an autoit native script it does not attempt access to DNS and runs fine.

Question: Why does the exe need dns access and the script version does not?

Thanks