Fwd: U.S. Presidential Election

Hyeonseok Shin

Nov 10, 2016, 7:50:41 PM11/10/16
to Mozilla Korea Community
역시 미국은 이번 대선관련 이야기가 많은가 봅니다. Mozilla는 변치 말아야겠죠?

From: Chris Beard <ch...@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 11:39 PM
Subject: U.S. Presidential Election
To: chris <ch...@mozilla.com>

[bcc: all-moco-mofo@]

All,

It’s been a very long day.  If you’re having trouble coming to terms with
the results of the U.S. Presidential election, you’re not alone.

Independent of your political views, or the country you live in, there are
many different emotions each of us are experiencing. While this was an
American political decision, it is inarguable that U.S. policies can often
have global implications.

So what this mean for our work? The short answer is that we don’t know
yet.  No one can predict how the nascent policies of the new administration
will impact us. But we do know that our mission and our resolve has not
changed. We will continue to fight for the individual rights and freedoms
of everyone online, and for a healthier Internet that’s open and accessible
to all.

However, from raising issues of cybersecurity to government surveillance,
this election has really reinforced the critical importance of what we do.

This election has also underlined the importance of who we are as an
organization and how we work together.  That also has not changed.  We
remain committed to ensuring that Mozilla is a safe place where people who
share our goals -- from every ethnic, religious, racial and gender identity
-- can come together to advance our mission and do good for the world. We
will continue to strive to build an ever more inclusive culture and global
community.

Please take care of yourself and each other.  The support and community we
have built for ourselves is strong, and I am confident we can emerge from
times of change and uncertainty stronger and more resilient.

Let’s hold fast to our dreams, together.

chris

--
Thanks,
Jeff