[L10n] Educational concepts

Alvar Maciel

Sep 7, 2015, 3:40:21 PM9/7/15
to webm...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi to all, I'm back. I was of line the last few month. My second son
born on July :D

I see all the changes and I'm trying to catch up with the new
webmaker, teach.mozilla.org, thimble, etc.
Maybe i'm a little insistent in this but we have different educational
meaning regarding to specific words.
So, to deal with this i want to propose a thread to discus what word
we will use to the localization of:
competencies and skill
at least in Spanish, then we can make a doc in English that collect
the thread and the conclusion, so you know what and why we use one
word an not other in the localization process.
I'm worry with these because there are conceptual discussion with the
use of the word competencias (literal translation of competences) in
our curriculums in Latinoamérica.
I think that if we don't have these discussion inside of the regional
teams and between educators, teachers and people that is related to
education, we can be imposing one way of think the education.
I know that we don't have to discuss everything. But as a teacher, and
professional of the education I know that in Argentina and
Latinoamérica, related to a word there is a cloud of meaning and I
want to be sure that we are saying to a hole group of educators when
we show the Web Literacy Map

Saludos!
Alvar
--