geckodriver 0.26.0 released

Andreas Tolfsen

Oct 14, 2019, 6:27:11 AM10/14/19
to tools-marionette, to...@lists.mozilla.org
We are pleased to announce the 0.26.0 release of geckodriver,
for the first time with support for Firefox on Android!

geckodriver is Mozilla’s implementation of the WebDriver remote
protocol for Gecko-based browsers.

The release packages can be found in the usual place:

https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases/tag/v0.26.0

Amongst the user-facing changes, some highlights are:

* Support for Firefox on Android

Starting with this release geckodriver is able to connect to
Firefox on Android systems, and to control packages based on
GeckoView.

The full list of new capabilities specific to Android, instructions
how to use them, and examples can be found in the moz:firefoxOptions
documentation on MDN:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/WebDriver/Capabilities/firefoxOptions

* Connection attempts to Firefox made more reliable

* Corrected error codes during session creation

Please see the changelog documenting all notable changes in this
release.

There are also a couple of known problems we’d like to inform you
of:

* macOS 10.15 (Catalina): Due to the recent requirement from Apple
that all programs be notarised, geckodriver will not work on
Catalina.

* Windows: Due to changes in how geckodriver is built, you must
have the Microsoft Visual Studio redistributable runtime installed
on your system for the binary to run.