Re: Does mozbase has plan to upgrade python for higher version than 3.5 ?

1 view

Andrew Halberstadt

Oct 13, 2020, 9:15:59 AM10/13/20
to Kent CHEN, to...@lists.mozilla.org, Fabrice DESRE, Hermes CHENG
Hi Kent, sorry your message got held up in a moderation queue.

Mozbase should theoretically already support higher versions (the 3.5
classifier was meant as a "minimum" supported version). That being said,
our CI is running Python 3.6 so there could be undetected issues with 3.7
or 3.8. The migration to Python 3 was also somewhat recent so there are
likely still undetected issues that haven't been uncovered yet. If you run
across anything, please don't hesitate to file a bug under Testing ::
Mozbase in our bugzilla instance. We'll gladly accept patches, or else
we'll get around to fixing uncovered issues when we're able.

Mozbase is typically consumed within our monorepo, and the pypi releases
are a bit ad hoc. But if you need a fix, we'd be happy to make a new
release for you. In addition to bugzilla, you can reach us in #test:
mozilla.org on Matrix.

Cheers,
Andrew

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 9:08 AM Kent CHEN <kent...@kaiostech.com> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> We are developing automation test framework base on Marionette server.
>
> When we use mozbase libraries in development. We found python3.5 had “end
> of life”. Do you have plan to upgrade supported python version of mozbase
> to higher than 3.5?
>
> Ref: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3510/
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Kent Chen

Kent CHEN

Oct 14, 2020, 10:47:06 AM10/14/20
to Andrew Halberstadt, to...@lists.mozilla.org, Fabrice DESRE, Hermes CHENG
Hi Andrew,

Thank your reply, this information is very helpful.

--
Best Regards,
Kent Chen

From: Andrew Halberstadt <ah...@mozilla.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 9:15 PM
To: Kent CHEN <kent...@kaiostech.com>
Cc: "to...@lists.mozilla.org" <to...@lists.mozilla.org>, Fabrice DESRE <fabric...@kaiostech.com>, Hermes CHENG <hermes...@kaiostech.com>
Subject: Re: Does mozbase has plan to upgrade python for higher version than 3.5 ?

[EXTERNAL SENDER]
Hi Kent, sorry your message got held up in a moderation queue.

Mozbase should theoretically already support higher versions (the 3.5 classifier was meant as a "minimum" supported version). That being said, our CI is running Python 3.6 so there could be undetected issues with 3.7 or 3.8. The migration to Python 3 was also somewhat recent so there are likely still undetected issues that haven't been uncovered yet. If you run across anything, please don't hesitate to file a bug under Testing :: Mozbase in our bugzilla instance. We'll gladly accept patches, or else we'll get around to fixing uncovered issues when we're able.

Mozbase is typically consumed within our monorepo, and the pypi releases are a bit ad hoc. But if you need a fix, we'd be happy to make a new release for you. In addition to bugzilla, you can reach us in #test:mozilla.org<http://mozilla.org> on Matrix.

Cheers,
Andrew