geckodriver 0.25.0 released

Andreas Tolfsen

Sep 10, 2019, 9:40:09 AM9/10/19
to tools-marionette, to...@lists.mozilla.org
We are pleased to announce the 0.25.0 release of geckodriver.

geckodriver is Mozilla’s implementation of the WebDriver remote
control interface for Gecko-based browsers.

The release packages can be found in the usual place:

https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases/tag/v0.25.0

Amongst the user-facing changes, some highlights are:

* Support for HTTP/1.1 HEAD requests, which can be used by WebDriver
clients for feature detection of endpoints.

* Support for application bundle paths on macOS, which allows you
to use the shorthand /Applications/Firefox.app to select
custom binaries.

* Signed builds on macOS and Windows. This should help to avoid
geckodriver being picked up as a malicious program by antivirus
software.

* Searching for for the default Firefox installation
on BSD systems has been fixed.

Please see the changelog documenting all notable changes in this
release.

We wish to extend particular thanks to Nupur Baghel who has toiled
away at refactoring the Marionette protocol serialisation in this
release as part of her Outreachy internship.

We also thank Bastien Orivel for his work on HTTP HEAD requests,
Kriti Singh for her work on detecting Firefox Nightly on macOS,
and Shivam Singhal for his patch to drop legacy Selenium web element