Setting default calendar account under which new events are created

TCW

Feb 27, 2017, 11:00:24 AM2/27/17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Is there a way to set the default account under which calendar account
get created? I have two account on my TB right now; one work and one
person. Any calendar event I create defaults to my work calendar but I
would like new events to be created under my personal calendar. Is it
possible?

WaltS48

Feb 27, 2017, 11:54:56 AM2/27/17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Right click the calendar that you don't want the events created in,
select Properties and mark it "Read Only", or just Select the calendar
in the Calendar Pane. I find any event I create goes into the selected
calendar.

You can also select the calendar when creating an event.

All of my calendars are on my computer. No network (Google) calendars.

Disaster Master

Feb 27, 2017, 12:25:31 PM2/27/17
to support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
On 2/27/2017, 10:46:49 AM, TCW <.@.> wrote:
Is there a way to set the default account under which calendar account
get created?

It defaults to whichever one is highlighted/selected in the left pane.

So, just make sure your personal is the one always highlighted/selected.

Note: I'm not talking about enabled (with the checkbox).

Christian Riechers

Feb 27, 2017, 3:55:39 PM2/27/17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Are you talking about events you create manually yourself, or meeting
invites you receive from others?

TCW

Feb 27, 2017, 5:18:28 PM2/27/17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Manually created events.

Bruce

Feb 27, 2017, 8:10:43 PM2/27/17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Highlight the calendar that you want new events to be created in.(see
screenshot)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Vq_ksYWWIMaC1SVFhjWmNJWmM/view?usp=sharing

Disaster Master

Feb 28, 2017, 9:06:20 AM2/28/17
On 2/27/2017, 3:55:20 PM, Christian Riechers <chrie...@netscape.net.invalid> wrote:
On 02/27/2017 04:46 PM, TCW wrote:
Are you talking about events you create manually yourself, or meeting
invites you receive from others?

Manually created will use the calendar that is selected/highlighted.

Meetings/invites will go to the calendar that is associated with the email address the invite was sent to.

TCW

Feb 28, 2017, 9:07:19 AM2/28/17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Maybe I am not making it clear. When I click New Event, I would like it
to create that calendar event under a calendar which I've set as
default. In testing, I notice that if I switch my non-work GMail account
to be the default account it will also be the default calendar when I
create a New Event but I prefer to have my work account be my default
account since that's 99% of my work day use account.

Disaster Master

Feb 28, 2017, 9:13:28 AM2/28/17
On 2/28/2017, 9:05:23 AM, TCW <.@.> wrote:
Maybe I am not making it clear.

No, you're being clear, you're just not groking the answers you've gotten.

When I click New Event, I would like it
to create that calendar event under a calendar which I've set as
default.

Thunderbird/Lightning has no concept of 'Default Calendar'.

In testing, I notice that if I switch my non-work GMail account
to be the default account it will also be the default calendar when I
create a New Event but I prefer to have my work account be my default
account since that's 99% of my work day use account.

That was probably just coincidental.

Again, simply select/highlight the calendar in the list of calendars on the left (when you have the Calendar Tab open) you want to be 'the default', and new events will be created for that calendar.

TCW

Feb 28, 2017, 9:28:44 AM2/28/17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Ok, highlighting it worked. Sorry for being thick. =P

Thanks all.

Tanstaafl

Feb 28, 2017, 9:33:27 AM2/28/17
On 2/28/2017, 9:26:51 AM, TCW <.@.> wrote:
> On 2/28/2017 8:13 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> Again, simply select/highlight the calendar in the list of calendars on
>> the left (when you have the Calendar Tab open) you want to be 'the
>> default', and new events will be created for that calendar.
>
> Ok, highlighting it worked. Sorry for being thick. =P

No problem, it isn't exactly obvious...