Motifications for newly arrived email

Brian Gregory

Mar 14, 2021, 4:05:00 AMMar 14
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm running the latest 64 bit release Thunderbird for Windows (78.8.1 at
time of writing) on Windows 7.

How can I make it so that I don't get multiple notifications for emails
that arrive?

I just want one notification when a new message(s) arrive(s).

I don't want to be notified multiple times about the same message(s)
just because they are still unread.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

WaltS48

Mar 14, 2021, 8:02:52 AMMar 14
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
When I use 78.8.1 on Windows 10 and get a new email notification, the
most I see in the notification dialog is six messages. I could be
getting many more than that depending how often I use the application.

After that notification, and one new email arrives, I see it with five
other previous emails any of which I can click on and read.

That's much better than the native Linux notification which only shows
one message with a notification that only brings the application into
focus if I click on it, and then I have to find the message.

Are you seeing more than six?

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop

Brian Gregory

Mar 16, 2021, 2:40:18 PMMar 16
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Seems to be up to six, but as far as I can see I get two identical
notifications each time a message arrives.

WaltS48

Mar 16, 2021, 3:08:23 PMMar 16
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Sorry, I'm not a regular Windows user and can't verify.

I saw the huge Feeds notification for the first time ever today, after I
updated Windows and started Thunderbird.

That be bug 1697882.