merging address books

fr...@anywhere.there

Mar 7, 2021, 4:40:00 AM3/7/21
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey Folks,

I wanted to merge address books in Thunderbird, didn't find that
feature and I thought I had a trick: export the addresses from a
folder to a csv-file, then import that file into the target. Total
failure.

When exporting e.g. to 'test.csv' no problem. When importing
'test.csv' from e.g. 'Collected Addresses' you will import to a new
address book with the name 'test'. Indeed, if you repeat, you will end
up with two address books named 'test'.

Is there a way to merge address books?

Thanks a lot.

frank

fr...@anywhere.there

Mar 7, 2021, 5:42:16 AM3/7/21
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org

> Is there a way to merge address books?

I found one.

When you display the address book page, you see on left a tree like:

All Address Books
Personal Address Book
Collected Addresses

There might be more but these two subfolders but they are the first
and last one and cannot be deleted.

Now make e.g. 'Personal Address Book' current and select all names.
Drag the selection to 'Collected Addresses'. The merge is done,
everything is in the target, the source is empty.

It works with any subfolders in the tree.